Re: [yast-devel] High level notes about new storage API
  • From: Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 10:28:40 +0200
Am 22.10.2015 um 08:59 schrieb Josef Reidinger:
The probing code must also be able to create the object
>representing a disk. With the Image/Kiwi mode you can create a
>disk which is backed by a loop device.

What about using name "Disk::propose" for creating such disk?

Definitely not "propose". We are using that term in a completely different meaning since more than ten years.

But I agree we will need a mechanism to make clear that a (usually) physical device like a disk is created by

- hardware probing
- creating virtual devices (Kiwi etc.)
- creating pseudo devices for testing (i.e., mocking)

I am in the process of collecting and writing down my ideas and thoughts for that. Stay tuned.

CU
--
Stefan Hundhammer <shundhammer@xxxxxxx>
YaST Developer

SUSE Linux GmbH
GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany