Re: [yast-devel] High level notes about new storage API
On Wed, 21 Oct 2015 17:52:40 +0200
Arvin Schnell <aschnell@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 04:36:19PM +0200, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Now first note. I do not see in decisions why C++ is used as
language for this library. I think it would be nice to document it
why it is needed as currently from document I see that planned
users are machinery ( which use ruby ), Yast (ruby) and kiwi
(perl). Is there any performance reasons, availability of bindings,
libraries or any other reason to use it?

Sure, I'll write something to the documentation.

As libstorage basically use CLI of other programs, so question
is why not use more high level language.

Why should C++11 not be a "very" (not in the term of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_high-level_programming_language)
high level language? I fear an endless discussion coming.

I do not want to start flame and I am fine with such explanation, I
just said it should be documented ( and it will as you write above ).
During my presentations I often get such question for yast. Why it is
ruby and not python, js, go, whatever ( funny that noone mention C++ or
perl, probably not enough sexy :).

Josef

Regards,
Arvin