Re: [yast-devel] High level notes about new storage API
Dne 21.10.2015 v 17:52 Arvin Schnell napsal(a):

As libstorage basically use CLI of other programs, so question
is why not use more high level language.

Why should C++11 not be a "very" (not in the term of
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_high-level_programming_language)
high level language? I fear an endless discussion coming.

Um, if I would start a complete new library I'd very likely use Ruby
(unless another language would fit way better, I'd be willing to sacrifice
some features to avoid learning yet another language...)

But I do not want to start a flamewar, if libstorage developers are skilled in
C++
and want to use it I'm fine with that. (It could be even worse, I know some
worse
languages than C++ ;-))

My concerns are mainly:

- the code should be readable even for people who are not C++ experts or used
C++
long time ago and forgot some C++ tricks
- the code should be easily testable

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer