Re: [yast-devel] Some notes about new storage API: holders
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 02:17:48PM +0200, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 01:42:13PM +0200, Martin Vidner wrote:
So is there a 1-1 correspondence between a Holder and an edge in the
DeviceGraph? Then I think a little more explanatory name would be
Dependency, with a description "an edge in the DeviceGraph"

Yes, that is a 1:1 correspondence. The edges are holders and the
vertices are devices. You might have see the graph definition:

https://github.com/aschnell/libstorage-bgl-eval/blob/master/storage/DevicegraphImpl.h#L27

Thanks! I haven't got to the implementation yet.

The subclasses make more sense to me if they are phrased as verbs:
User -> Uses
Subdevice -> Contains

Fine for me. Should the 'Holder' also be renamed to 'Holds'. If
yes, what should the directory 'Holders' be called?

How about this?

Dependencies/Dependency.h
Dependencies/Uses.h
Dependencies/Contains.h

"Holds", Holder, Holding, somehow feels too concrete for an abstract
base. Maybe it's just me.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner