Re: [yast-devel] Some notes about new storage API: holders
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 01:42:13PM +0200, Martin Vidner wrote:
On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 11:00:19AM +0200, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 06:17:06PM +0200, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 05:30:15PM +0200, Martin Vidner wrote:

What is a Holder? It seems to be characterized by having a source
sid and a target sid, which still does not give me a hint.
Its subclasses Subdevice and User are even more opaque to me.

Technical it's the edge in the graph, so it expresses what device
is linked what device. The name I have borrowed from sysfs (but
it's not the same as in sysfs), e.g. on my system I have
(simplified)

So is there a 1-1 correspondence between a Holder and an edge in the
DeviceGraph? Then I think a little more explanatory name would be
Dependency, with a description "an edge in the DeviceGraph"

Yes, that is a 1:1 correspondence. The edges are holders and the
vertices are devices. You might have see the graph definition:

https://github.com/aschnell/libstorage-bgl-eval/blob/master/storage/DevicegraphImpl.h#L27

The subclasses make more sense to me if they are phrased as verbs:
User -> Uses
Subdevice -> Contains

Fine for me. Should the 'Holder' also be renamed to 'Holds'. If
yes, what should the directory 'Holders' be called?

ciao Arvin

--
Arvin Schnell, <aschnell@xxxxxxxx>
(AG Nürnberg)