Re: [yast-devel] Some notes about new storage API: classes
On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 02:12:44PM +0200, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
Lack of inline documentation
============================

Right now, the code is the documentation. I have to say that the code is
very nicely structured, so it was really easy to me to browse for the
methods I wanted to check (and they were all fairly small and
understandable as well). But it's time to start adding documentation to
the whole thing.

I wanted to have an overview of the classes in the library, so I
ended up fixing this aspect:
https://github.com/aschnell/libstorage-bgl-eval/pull/2

(BTW I am missing a ReadTheDocs hosting site for C++/Doxygen)

But I still have questions:

What is a Holder? It seems to be characterized by having a source
sid and a target sid, which still does not give me a hint.
Its subclasses Subdevice and User are even more opaque to me.

Environment sounds like a candidate for a kitchen sink of unrelated
hacks. Can we describe it with the purpose of limiting its scope?

Devicegraph should be renamed to DeviceGraph. It just isn't a single
word.

Why is there Storage::copy_devicegraph if Devicegraph is_a
noncopyable?

The "Encryption" name is bothering me because encryption is a
concept whereas all the other subclasses of Device are things.

storage::Disk::get_transport returns a storage_legacy::Transport. A
"modern" object returning a "legacy" object does not feel right, but
I don't know enough to suggest an alternative.
--
Martin Vidner, YaST Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner