Mailinglist Archive: yast-devel (211 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [yast-devel] new translation server and YaST
  • From: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 14:33:13 +0200
  • Message-id: <561E4B89.40701@suse.cz>
Dne 14.10.2015 v 12:09 Arvin Schnell napsal(a):
On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 11:50:22AM +0200, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 05:39:27PM +0200, Stanislav Brabec wrote:

I do not expect that developers will review translations.

Arvin mentioned that there are some special cases:

I just found another case where I have to twiddle with
translations: ar.po in snapper is broken (multi plural form
stuff) and make aborts:

ar.po:6: nplurals = 6...
ar.po:486: ...but some messages have only 2 plural forms
msgfmt: found 1 fatal error
ar.po: 180 translated messages.
Makefile:466: recipe for target 'ar.mo' failed
make: *** [ar.mo] Error 1

So I will now delete ar.po or remove the "Plural-Forms:"
statement. If some robot commits it again and again (whenever
someone translates a single message) this will result in lots of
build failures and manual work.

Please make sure the translations don't have mistakes like that.

I have realized that weblate (or the new process) pushed that
broken translations file and opened bug #950313.

Unfortunately it shows that "accepting" code/translations without
even being able to reject them is dangerous.

It has nothing to do with Weblate. It is a problem of LCN SVN translation, that was discovered just now because nobody imported existing ar.po since 2014-09-04.

Actually, Weblate will not allow to push translatio with broken plurals.

Broken by:

commit 5e6cef124c910e6c472e28e8fe54f20230744c5c
Author: Stanislav Brabec <sbrabec@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Oct 8 20:56:34 2015 +0200

Update translations from LCN SVN trunk revision 93498.


Problem with plurals already happened several times in SLES.


Actually, it is a dark side of gettext utilities that they can produce invalid po files with broken plurals, and only msgfmt -c will discover it.


Thanks for pointing to this problem.

I'll revive ar.po with broken string marked as fuzzy and validate all imports that I already did.

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
---------------------------------------------------------------------
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o. e-mail: sbrabec@xxxxxxxx
Lihovarsk√° 1060/12 tel: +49 911 7405384547
190 00 Praha 9 fax: +420 284 084 001
Czech Republic http://www.suse.cz/
PGP: 830B 40D5 9E05 35D8 5E27 6FA3 717C 209F A04F CD76
--
To unsubscribe, e-mail: yast-devel+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To contact the owner, e-mail: yast-devel+owner@xxxxxxxxxxxx

< Previous Next >