Re: [yast-devel] new translation server and YaST

Dne 14.10.2015 v 09:52 Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
> On 13.10.2015 18:05, Stanislav Brabec wrote:

> And can we specify our own bundle? Such as bundle-lang-installer-es?

Yes, the mechanism could be extended. It is purely OBS+ZYPP+rpm solution, which has nothing to do with source code organization.

>> But it is still possible to install new version of gnome-calculator with
>> new translations gnome-calculator-lang. These translations will take
>> precedence. (This is a SUSE glibc specific feature.)
>
> That's nice, because I'd like to have a self-healing functionality for
> the installer: Downloading and applying current updates for the
> installer before it's "really started".

Yes. The only cost of it is installation of the lang package that contains all translations of particular package. (Splitting lang packages to one-file packages is technically possible, but probably nobody probably wants thousands micro packages in repositories.)

Here are technical ZYPP+rpm details:

Symbols recommended by gnome-calculator:
gnome-calculator-lang
(The symbol is recommended only. => If you want, you can install gnome-calculator without any lang package.)

What packages provide gnome-calculator-lang?
bundle-lang-gnome-cs-13.2-12.5.noarch
bundle-lang-gnome-en-13.2-12.5.noarch

Symbols provided by bundle-lang-gnome-cs:
locale(gnome-calculator:cs)
gnome-calculator-lang = 3.16.2

Symbols provided by gnome-calculator-lang:
gnome-calculator-lang = 3.16.2
gnome-calculator-lang-all = 3.16.2

ZYPP is smart enough to evaluate:
gnome-calculator is installed
AND
language selection is cs
=>
recommend bundle-lang-gnome-cs to fulfill the requirement

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer