[yast-devel] Meta information of libyui and yast repos
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 15:51:00 +0200
Is there any reason for having this in the meta of YaST:Head

<repository name="openSUSE_Tumbleweed">
<path project="openSUSE:Factory" repository="snapshot"/>
</repository>
<repository name="openSUSE_Factory">
<path project="openSUSE:Factory" repository="standard"/>
</repository>

and this in devel:libraries:libyui?

<repository name="openSUSE_Tumbleweed">
<path project="openSUSE:Tumbleweed" repository="standard"/>
</repository>
<repository name="openSUSE_Factory">
<path project="openSUSE:Factory" repository="snapshot"/>
</repository>

Note the inconsistency in the use of "snapshot" and "standard". After
experiencing a delay in the creation of a SR in Jenkins, I asked DimStar
and coolo and looks like the only difference between using "standard"
and "snapshot" is that the later takes longer to receive the updates. So
I would change everything to "standard"... if I would have the permissions.

Who can do it? Any reason to keep using "snapshot" at all?

Cheers.

--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH