[yast-devel] RSpec3 accepted in SLE12-SP1, it can be used in Git "master" branch

Hi all,

I have a good news for you, RSpec has been updated to version 3 in SLE12-SP1!
(Specifically to 3.3.x, I submitted the same version as is currently in
Factory.)

That means we can now use RSpec3 syntax and the new features in the `master` Git
branch! Of course you have to be careful when backporting a SLE12 maintenance
fix,
there is still RSpec2 in SLE12-GA...

See [1] for a nice overview of changes from RSpec2 to RSpec3.

Probably the most important new RSpec3 feature is the "verifying doubles"
ability.
That feature checks that the mocked method is actually present on the specified
object. This avoids mocking non-existing methods which can make the test pass
but when the code is really executed it would fail with "NoMethod" error.

See [2] and [3] for more details, see [4] how to enable it as the feature is
disabled
by default for backward compatibility.

Enjoy!

[1] http://rspec.info/blog/2014/05/notable-changes-in-rspec-3