Re: [yast-devel] YaST and openQA
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 17:47:51 +0200
On 05/27/2015 09:16 AM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

2) Testing the applications

The DUD approach proved to be very useful for installation and we think
can be applied to applications as well. I already have an special distri
that takes an already installed system, boots it, applies all the
updates from the YaST:Head repo and then run a list of application
tests. My plan is to modify it to support installing packages from an
uploaded DUD, as the installation already does. We could share the
needles repositories of openSUSE/SLE and have all the application tests
in a specific directory, so the mechanism for sharing code and needles
will be very similar to the one already used for SLE and openSUSE. Most
of the rake tasks would be completely reused. Generating and refreshing
the installed systems (an asset) used as starting point for these jobs
can be easily automated thanks to PUBLISH_HDD, as you can see here[3].
The test proving that the new distri works were lost in a recent hard
disk accident, but they will be available today again

Here is the new distri (containing just one example test at the moment)
https://github.com/yast/os-autoinst-distri-yast-modules

And here you can see it in action.
With the YAST_HEAD parameter set for the job (yes, I know it failed, but
you get the idea :-) )
https://yast-openqa.suse.cz/tests/105/
Without that parameter (this worked in the first attempt)
https://yast-openqa.suse.cz/tests/104

As promised, the needles are shared with openSUSE (and potentially
SLE12) and the tests that can be relevant for openqa.o.o or
openqa.suse.de are in a separate yast_modules directory.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH