[yast-devel] Re: [openqa] YaST and openQA
  • From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2015 09:43:26 +0200
Am 27.05.2015 um 09:16 schrieb Ancor Gonzalez Sosa:
We are not interested in the iso-oriented approach used at
openqa.suse.de and openqa.opensuse.org. We want to run single jobs for
the code we are developing right now. There are 2 kind of jobs we want
to run: testing the installation and testing a YaST module (like any
other application).

What about linking e.g. the Core DVD into YaST:Head, sync the built
iso to openQA and use the normal job templates? No need for DUD then.
That would also already reveal issues in case installation-images
needs to be adjusted for YaST changes.

2) Testing the applications

The DUD approach proved to be very useful for installation and we think
can be applied to applications as well. I already have an special distri
that takes an already installed system, boots it, applies all the
updates from the YaST:Head repo and then run a list of application
tests. My plan is to modify it to support installing packages from an

Something like that is also required by maintenance QA. We need to
think which mechanisms to support that scenario can be made generic
and built into openQA.

cu
Ludwig

--