Re: [yast-devel] YaST and openQA
El Miércoles, 27 de mayo de 2015 10:03:13 Michal Filka escribió:
1) Testing the installation

If we introduce these changes (or very similar ones) in openQA[1], we
will be able to generate a DUD, submit it to the openQA host and execute
a single job to run the installation including our changes. We already
applied the process successfully[2] and we already have rake tasks that
automate the whole process.

but dud will not cover all cases needed for testing installation. It
updates first stage only. If you need to test second stage (in case of
SLE12 it is valid for autoyast only), you need to update installation
source too (remaster iso, use addon, ...)

Hi,

At this time, for AutoYaST integration tests, we use mksusecd to include the
DUD into de DVD image (Schubi could correct me if I'm wrong). Does it make any
difference to just loading the DUD? Is that approach enough?

Anyway, I guess that DUD approach could be valid in a lot of situations. But
support submitting a custom DVD image should be kinda trivial.

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

--
Imobach González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE LINUX GmbH