Re: [yast-devel] Services UI strikes back
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2015 09:11:25 +0200
On 05/15/2015 08:50 AM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
On 14.5.2015 16:54, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 05/02/2015 11:38 AM, Christian Boltz wrote:

Oh, and don't forget to re-add the LDAP checkbox somewhere ;-)

My first option (already in the prototype) was adding a "LDAP Support"
tab for it containing only the LDAP checkbox.

The tab looked quite empty and Josef suggested then to move the checkbox
to some of the already existing tabs. So I did this[1]:
http://paste.opensuse.org/80519760

I like how it looks now. It's a basic option.

Aesthetically it's quite ok. But I don't like it because I assume that
"LDAP support active" affects all the settings, like forwarders, ACLs
and all that. If that checkbox only affects to the so-called basic
options, I'm fine. If not, I prefer the almost empty tab rather than
this "beautiful" but wrongly grouped one.

Opinions?

In fact, LDAP support is only for resource records - zones, nothing
else. So maybe it actually belongs to DNS Zones tab?

Then, definitely! I don't even know how it ended up in "Start-up" if
it's used only for storing zones and we have a "DNS Zones" tab.

[1] By the way, I also swapped the order of the table and the add/modify
frame. I dunno if we have a style guide about it, but to me it looks
nicer and more intuitive with the table first and the form below.

Well, Add/Change are grouped by a frame and Delete is not? That actually
looks strange. Our style guide says something else: Add/Delete/Change
(or similar) below the table. Change opens up a pop-up with OK/Cancel
buttons.

So many things to change in that UI... But let's do one thing at a time.
Since we are not placing the LDAP checkbox there, I will even leave the
whole "Basic Options" untouched, as it was at the very beginning.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH