[yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-ruby] ruby 2.2 - next step

On Wed, 06 May 2015 11:44:52 +0200
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06.05.2015 11:32, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Wed, 06 May 2015 11:27:00 +0200
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On 06.05.2015 11:23, Josef Reidinger wrote:

Problem is that rubygem-dbus is not build for ruby 2.2. I only see
ruby2.1-rubygem-ruby-dbus but no ruby2.2-rubygem-ruby-dbus so it
is not found. Any idea why it missing?

Where are you looking? it's built:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/binaries/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:H/rubygem-ruby-dbus?repository=standard

Greetings, Stephan

It is not part of repository on ISO I downloaded from openQA. So
maybe it is problem? Not sure what exactly is problem that cause
that package is missing on DVD repo.

I'm afraid this highlights a big problem: there are no requirements
on what is really required.

yast2-storage requires "rubygem(ruby-dbus)" not the version it
actually looks for and as such libsolv is free to pick and as such it
creates an interesting mix:

install libruby2_1-2_1-2.1.6-28.4.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64
install libruby2_2-2_2-2.2.2-12.3.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64
install libstorage-ruby-2.25.20-4.2.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64
install ruby-2.2-89.3.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64
install ruby-common-2.1-101.1.noarch@staging_Factory:H-x86_64
install ruby2.1-2.1.6-28.4.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64
install
ruby2.1-rubygem-gem2rpm-0.10.1-19.4.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64
install
ruby2.1-rubygem-ruby-dbus-0.11.0-6.3.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64
install ruby2.1-stdlib-2.1.6-28.4.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64
install ruby2.2-2.2.2-12.3.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64 install
ruby2.2-rubygem-fast_gettext-0.9.2-3.3.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64
install ruby2.2-stdlib-2.2.2-12.3.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64
install yast2-ruby-bindings-3.1.31-3.1.x86_64@staging_Factory:H-x86_64

yast2-ruby-bindings actually requires
"rubygem(ruby:2.2.0:fast_gettext)" and I'm afraid this is what all
yast modules need to do: require a *specific* rubygem. Any ruby-dbus
just doesn't work ;(

That do not work, as Yast do not know which rubygem it need. It need
rubygem for ruby used as systemwide one. So if system ruby is 2.2 it
need 2.2 gem. If system ruby is 2.1 it need 2.1. I hope that it is
handled automatic with `rubygem()` dependency. I see no way how we can
do it with fixed version.

Josef

I clearly can work around this for the staging DVDs - and I don't
necessarly want 2 ruby versions in tumbleweed going forward, but we
want to support the use case of having system ruby and bleeding edge
ruby next to it, so I did this "2 ruby versions in stagings" on
purpose.

Greetings, Stephan

< Previous Next >