Re: [yast-devel] Services UI strikes back
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 May 2015 09:58:03 +0200
On 05/02/2015 11:38 AM, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

after the discussion we just had at the YaST workshop, here's my
proposal ("written" in GIMP ;-) - see the attached screenshot.

I removed two things:
- the "[ ] LDAP support active" checkbox - should go to another screen
- After saving the config "( ) stop the service" - that's an unrealistic
usecase IMHO (if you want to stop the service, you typically don't
care about the config ;-)

The second change also means that we can replace the radio buttons with
a checkbox
[x] Reload/restart the service after saving settings
which should be enabled by default.

This gives us enough space to keep the firewall settings on the same
page - but if you really, really want, you can also move it to another
page.

And actually looks much closer to the original proposal I was trying to
implement[1] (discussed in this thread[2]).

[1]
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1cVv4FY4tWRLAnMG96Cdfvw8asTNpzhFUdKn4TEq8HYI/edit?usp=sharing

[2] http://lists.opensuse.org/yast-devel/2015-04/msg00007.html

--