Re: [yast-devel] Switching features to "Ready" vs SCRUM
On 28.4.2015 19:14, Jiri Srain wrote:
So, what do you suggest to do? I could assign myself as a developer and
for some features, I could assign a random/specific developer. On the
other hand, in SCRUM "EVERYONE" in the team is responsible for
delivering these selected tasks, so I should assign virtually everyone
from the team. Any better ideas?

I would just assign them to one develper, you can guess who the most
likely one will be. At the end of the day, it may be someone else who
implements the feature (you can always reassign it). When someone picks
the card, he can switch the Fate entry to Implementation and assign
himself.

I've tried to assign one feature to yast-internal@xxxxxxx and it worked,
the other one, yast-maintainers@xxxxxxx, did not work.

There will be more tricky part: SLES itself is still driven by Waterfall
and at some point of time, not far away from now, we will need to turn
all features to either rejected or ready state no matter what the
in-team processes will be. How to handle this?

We have to have to deal with it anyway, we are running SCRUM and one we
will have to decide which features we'll reject, but that's a completely
different story, although important.

Bye
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux