Re: [yast-devel] Switching features to "Ready" vs SCRUM
On 04/28/2015 05:32 PM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
Hi,

Today we had a discussion about switching features to state "Ready" when
they are entering the sprint. In fact, I cannot do that as FATE requires
me to assign a developer to it first. But in SCRUM people take tasks
when they have time for them, which is definitely "after" sprint planning.

So, what do you suggest to do? I could assign myself as a developer and
for some features, I could assign a random/specific developer. On the
other hand, in SCRUM "EVERYONE" in the team is responsible for
delivering these selected tasks, so I should assign virtually everyone
from the team. Any better ideas?

I would just assign them to one develper, you can guess who the most likely one will be. At the end of the day, it may be someone else who implements the feature (you can always reassign it). When someone picks the card, he can switch the Fate entry to Implementation and assign himself.

There will be more tricky part: SLES itself is still driven by Waterfall and at some point of time, not far away from now, we will need to turn all features to either rejected or ready state no matter what the in-team processes will be. How to handle this?

Jiri

--
Regards,

Jiri Srain