Re: [yast-devel] Services UI strikes back
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 12:55:55 +0200
On 04/28/2015 12:37 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Tue, 28 Apr 2015 12:27:35 +0200

Last week we implemented a prototype of a reusable component to manage
services in YaST modules and applied it to yast-dns-server.

So I updated the infamous "YaST service management" document[1] to
show the two alternatives of usage of the new component. Feedback
(from UI expert or anybody else) is appreciated so we can decide
which option (labeled "A" and "B") in the document is better in
general.

The first page of the document is unchanged, so you can skip it if you
already know the problem.

Cheers.

[1]
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TQO-bdqagSOUssGqJsf3eEeMDh2w40BujdOFP9-te0w/edit?usp=sharing

Hi,
for me option A looks better, we just need better wording. Maybe
"State" and "Service" instead of start-up?

Thanks for input. Just please keep Ken on CC.

Cheers.
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH