Re: [yast-devel] Correct solution for AutoYast: Report Unknown/Unsupported Sections
Am 23.04.2015 um 11:04 schrieb Josef Reidinger:
On Thu, 23 Apr 2015 10:23:35 +0200
Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hm, I would be more pragmatically here.
Please keep in mind that the autoinst.xml file will be generated just
one time
by a very experienced person.
From my point of view an error message like:
"AutoYaST section <section_name> cannot be handled because
<absolute path to section_name_auto.rb> cannot be found. It seems that
the needed package has not been installed"
Well, it is more confusing message, as autoyast install yast packages
that they need, so we should report that section is no longer supported
and won't be configured.
OK, that would be more generic. I am fine with this message.

Then the admin will have a look which package supports that file and
why the package has not been installed.
(May be there could be a package conflict too :-))
I hope in case of conflict we report it to user anyway, not?
It should, yes indeed. But I have never tried it :-)

Greetings
Stefan