Re: [yast-devel] Adding the apply buttons to services
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 09:57:11 +0200
On 04/09/2015 07:51 AM, Jiri Srain wrote:
Hi,

I have two comments:

1. Speaking of an Apply button: why do we talk about it only for
services and not for YaST in general? I think that it would make more
sense...

Because it's already there for several services. Maybe not called
"apply" but named as "save settings and restart", "start now" (which I
assume saves the settings before starting) and so on.

2. I still cannot suppress the expectation that when I configure a
service and make it enabled, it will be enabled when applying (or
finishing the module0 as well as after reboot - and that would be
controlled by a single UI widget.

That's what leaded to the proposal being implemented in this sprint (not
very usable but quite explicit). Expectations were different for
different people. :-)

Jiri