[yast-devel] Re: [opensuse-factory] Tumbleweed - Review of the week
On Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:49:11 +0100
Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger <dimstar@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

GCC 5.0
So far, GCC 5 has been added to the Tumbleweed repository as
additional compiler. Work to see if this could become the default
compiler for the distribution is still ongoing in its separate
staging area
(https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/openSUSE:Factory:Staging:Gcc49
)

Yast team still working on fixing yast2-core for gcc5. It is more
tricky for our side, because we currently see two solutions. First one
is simplier, but can affect performance, so we need to do performance
testing if we can use it. The second one is more effective and actually
can speed up a bit yast ( also needs measurement how much ), but it
breaks API and ABI, so it is against plan to have same base packages
code in SLE-12 and opensuse to have easier maintenance and probably
result in ifdefs that keep backward compatibility, which is not nice in
long term.
So it will need some time from our side. If there is volunteer to do
performance testing with new yast2-core, it will help speed up
things.

Josef
  • No further messages