Re: [yast-devel] Generic / Repo-specific READMEs at GitHub
Dne 25.2.2015 v 14:09 Lukas Ocilka napsal(a):
Hi,

When Christopher was in Prague, a few of us had a brainstorming about the
need of
having devel-documentation placed directly in a Yast/libstorage/linuxrc
repository.
There are no doubts that it's one of the most important parts of projects
hosted at
GitHub. All their howtos mention "create README[.md]" as the very first step.

[...]

The project consists of
- Taking a decision where to go

I created a README template which should be used in all Yast repositories [1].
It contains some notes and hints what should be documented there.

I moved the shared parts and some documentation from openSUSE wiki to a separate
page which should be linked from READMEs [2].

And I also adapted the yast2 README to follow this template [3].

- How to get there

Please, review the current state. If you have an idea what can be improved just
post it here. It will be more difficult to change it once we modify the README
files globally in all repositories...

- Implementing this important documentation

Ideally do it in parallel - split the yast modules across all Yast developers.
That leads me to an idea which I'll discuss in a separate mail...

[1] https://github.com/yast/yast-yast2/blob/master/doc/README_Template.md
[2] http://yastgithubio.readthedocs.org/en/latest/development
[3] https://github.com/yast/yast-yast2/blob/master/README.md

--