Re: [yast-devel] Dates localization in YaST
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2015 14:54:07 +0100
On 02/12/2015 11:08 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Wed, 11 Feb 2015 20:19:47 +0100
Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> wrote:

- Use strftime() call in a C Ruby extension. We already do this for
locale dependent string comparison, see Yast.strcoll() implementation
in ruby-bindings [2]. Similarly we can add a strftime() wrapper there.

The first solution is simpler but I'd rather prefer the second one as
it has lower overhead and scales better.

I agree, second solution should be quite easy to do and good solution.
So if we agreed, I can add such method to Yast namespace.

Yes, please.

Josef

[1]
http://rxr.whitequark.org/mri/source/ext/date/date_strftime.c?v=2.1.2#217