Re: [yast-devel] UI unit testing and how to improve situation
On Thu, 12 Feb 2015 14:22:34 +0100

On 02/12/2015 11:56 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:

What do you think about it? Do you find more useful helpers? And
what is more important how looks your ui tests, so I can check what
is same and can be shared?

To be honest, I don't remember to have written tests for UI in YaST.
All I can say is that I'd like them be as interaction-oriented as the
tests with Capybara in Rails, for example:

https://github.com/openSUSE/travel-support-program/blob/master/spec/features/user_profile_spec.rb

In the example, feature==describe, background==before, scenario==it.

I'll do some experiments next week. We all probably need to write
quite some tests for UI before being really able to design a good set
of helpers.

Cheers.

Well, what I see in example you post is more integration tests of ui,
not unit tests. It looks really similar to e.g. cucumber for me. I
think in unit tests you need more test interaction of units in program
then effects for user. So for me unit tests is more test if it properly
set configuration in conf class then what user see.
But I agree with you, that it make sense to everyone try write some
tests to get idea what is missing and make pain in writing such tests.

Josef