Re: [yast-devel] Fail fast at Travis?
On 27.1.2015 13:25, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Dne 27.1.2015 v 12:31 Jiri Srain napsal(a):
On 01/27/2015 11:48 AM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
[...]
Is possible to have it less verbose? all traversing dirs looks useless for me.
The result is really interesting, the log size has been decreased from
~4600 lines [1] to ~2500 [2], which is a huge difference (almost half of the
original
size!).

That's a very good progress, but still not enough. If it sounds too bad, sorry for that. It's definitely a job well done and we all appreciate it! :)

Well, what about just to listing the tests which succeed without any additional
data and only including the details for failed tests in the log?

Um, that would be nice, unfortunately it cannot be implemented easily :-(

But still sounds like the best solution.

The problem is that Travis displays STDOUT + STDERR of the executed script, you
would
need to either change the make/rake behavior (huh...) or add some output
filtering
(that would be non-trivial and probably very sensitive to output format changes
in
rake/make so not really recommended...).

Just an idea... don't throw stones at me :)

for every single test do:
1. Redirect stderr to stdout
2. Save stdout to a temporary file
3. Check the exit code, if it passed, show: X -> passed
4. If it failed, show all the details and x -> failed
5. Remove the tempfile

Would it work?
Lukas

SLE Department, SUSE Linux