Re: [yast-devel] Change in yast-rake and fragile tests
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:17:46 +0100

On 01/20/2015 01:14 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 12:51:08 +0100

On 01/20/2015 12:24 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
On 01/15/2015 05:53 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:

2) For master

We have to fix it (not a question) but I think that fixing, for
example, chrooting of SCR in every single module is wrong. We need
to extract this functionality to the ruby bindings and then use
them in the different modules. So in my opinion it's time to
introduce RSpec helpers for SCR in the ruby bindings.

Like this, that I will commit to the proper repositories/branches
once we answer the question above.

https://github.com/ancorgs/yast-yast2/blob/29bfc826c0df463e77fbf0512c272167a5860412/library/general/test/SCRStub.rb

I agree. It should be in ruby bindings, but as I commented, it is
not so easy to do it properly generic. So maybe we start with small
one and then extending it. I prefer to have it close for changes
and open for extension principle here, as this should be really
backward compatible, otherwise every change can cause breakage of
all testsuite, which I would like to avoid.

Yep. That's why in this version I only included the #path helper and
the chrooting. I think they are a good starting point because they are
generic, low-risk and widely useful. For other things, like stubbing
of SCR/WFM calls, we need to come up with a proposal able to satisfy
all use cases.

Cheers.

OK, so feel free to create pull request to ruby-bindings ;) I will
review it. I usually have ideas when I comment code and not when I
write it ;)

Josef