Re: [yast-devel] Change in yast-rake and fragile tests
Dne 15.1.2015 v 17:53 Ancor Gonzalez Sosa napsal(a):
This change introduced in our test:unit task has caused the tests in
yast-yast2 to break.
https://github.com/yast/yast-rake/commit/b00ca0e8c8208b05698675b0cb4752552de710c9

That commit runs all tests in a single process, the advantages are:

- faster run (almost by factor 10!)

- proper code coverage (before the change every run rewrote the previous code
coverage statistics, at the end the report contained only the coverage from
the last run)

See https://github.com/yast/yast-rake/issues/11 for details.

It's actually not a fault of the change in the task. The problem is that
the tests are fragile because they pollute the global namespace in
several ways.

Ouch, I didn't realize this side effect...

[...]

The weird thing is that I needed to introduce the line marked with a
FIXME, which means that closing the default SCR is not as secure as all
our tests assume. Looking at the yast2-core source code I'd say that the
line is actually needed and we need to update quite some tests and the
documentation. But it's the core, so of course I could be wrong.

I have checked the code, and yes, after closing the current SCR you need
to set the current one as no default SCR is set:

https://github.com/yast/yast-core/blob/master/wfm/src/Y2WFMComponent.cc#L301

But I'm not much familiar with that part of Yast...

--

Ladislav Slez√°k
Appliance department / YaST Developer