Re: [yast-devel] Fwd: [opensuse-project] GSoC 2015 idea list is open
On Wed, 07 Jan 2015 19:16:25 +0100

On 01/05/2015 01:03 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
I will probably try again idea of new quick apache setup module
which should replace http-server module. Goal of module will be
very easy, quickly setup apache to serve your files with support
for RoR, djanko and maybe mojo, focused on initial setup and
beginners.

Second idea is to create nice ruby ui library on top of libyui
( maybe use parts of ruby-ui ).

I mentor such ideas. What do you think about it?

I really, really like both ideas, although I'm not sure if we would be
able to find a student that is experienced enough for the second one.

Cheers.

I plan to help such students, so I do not expect that initial design
will be perfect, but going thrue discussions and iteration I hope it
can be nice designed at the end.

I create both project on page:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:GSOC_ideas#Native_Ruby_Interface_for_libyui
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:GSOC_ideas#Apache_Initial_Setup_YaST_Module

If you have more ideas and just do not want to mentor it, then you can
contact me and maybe I can take mentorship.

Josef