Re: [yast-devel] Fwd: [opensuse-project] GSoC 2015 idea list is open
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 19:16:25 +0100
On 01/05/2015 01:03 PM, Josef Reidinger wrote:
I will probably try again idea of new quick apache setup module which
should replace http-server module. Goal of module will be very easy,
quickly setup apache to serve your files with support for RoR, djanko
and maybe mojo, focused on initial setup and beginners.

Second idea is to create nice ruby ui library on top of libyui ( maybe
use parts of ruby-ui ).

I mentor such ideas. What do you think about it?

I really, really like both ideas, although I'm not sure if we would be
able to find a student that is experienced enough for the second one.

Cheers.

Josef

On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 12:59:51 +0100

We are in a good position this year with a more mature Ruby codebase
and all the new documentation. We should propose some ideas.

Last year we had 4 ruby-based GSoC projects under the openSUSE
umbrella, so we even have some potential students there.

Cheers.