Re: [yast-devel] YaST documentation on doc.opensuse.de
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 15:31:27 +0100
Stefan Schubert <schubi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,
I have seen that there is a lot of old YaST documentation on:
http://doc.opensuse.org/projects/YaST/
which has been stopped after 11.3.

Is there any plan to continue it and how to continue ?
I am just asking because there is really useful stuff for AutoYaST
which has been written by Uwe.
So, shall I put it into other AutoYaST documentation ?

Greetings
Stefan

Hi Stefan,
Plan is to continue with yast.github.io and autogenerated documentation
by rubydoc like
http://www.rubydoc.info/github/yast/yast-ruby-bindings/frames

We do not continue in this place, because it is quite magic to generate
it and also hard to maintain it, but still not all information are
converted, so it is still available for some kind of information.

For autoyast I recommend to benefit from conversion to markdown which
is quite readable itself and can be also generated like readthedocs.org
which looks like:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/yast/yast.github.io/master/doc/development-tips.md
https://github.com/yast/yast.github.io/blob/master/doc/development-tips.md
http://yastgithubio.readthedocs.org/en/latest/development-tips/

It is quite nice rendered and easy to keep uptodate as you have it in
git in easy to modify and read format.

just my 2c
Josef

P.S. for conversion you can use pandoc