Re: [yast-devel] RFC - New Storage API
On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 03:37:02PM +0100, Arvin Schnell wrote:
On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 02:06:26PM +0100, Martin Vidner wrote:
On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 11:07:34AM +0100, Arvin Schnell wrote:
Bindings
--------

I have swig generated bindings for Ruby, Python and Perl5. The repository
contains a few examples for each of them:

Similarly, though less automatable, it would be good to rename
getters and setters:
http://www.swig.org/Doc3.0/Ruby.html#Ruby_nn31

- partition.getNumber()
+ partition.number

Well, that's indeed a lot of work. Having to take care of three
bindings I think it's too much. Also I want to keep the SWIG
interface file identical for all three bindings if possible.

Maybe it's not that much work after all since rename supports
regexs, an example from the documentation:

%rename("%(regex:/^(Set|Get)(.*)/\\2/)s") "";

But then the autorename does not work anymore and I couldn't
figure out how to get it working.

I asked Klaus about this. He takes a different approach with
Swig, starting with an empty interface description and then
adding what is needed specially tailored for the target language.
The result is nicer bindings at the cost of some extra work.

I'm considering using that approach but I will need someone for
every target language tailoring the bindings and extending the
(now existing) testsuites.

Regards,
Arvin

--