Re: [yast-devel] GUI for services management

Hello,

inline an addedum to avoid misunderstanding

On Dec 4 18:39 Johannes Meixner wrote (excerpt):
I only can tell that for me it was very much easier and cleaner
to implement the YaST printer and scanner configuration modules
according to the "one setup" idea, see
https://en.opensuse.org/Archive:YaST_Printer_redesign

... the current usual YaST module behavior ...

... it makes the implementation more complicated and therefore
results more bugs.
For example when a print queue is deleted and a new queue with the
same name is set up, the implementation could not just delete it,
but must somehow fake in the user interface as if it was already
deleted and as if the new one was already set up until the actual
deletion and set up happens during "finish" but what should it do
when the deletion or set up fails for whatever reason?

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH -- Maxfeldstrasse 5 -- 90409 Nuernberg -- Germany
HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg) GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer