Re: [yast-devel] First prototype of yast-journal: other languages
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 04:56:50PM +0100, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
A first prototype of the systemd journal reading module is available at:
https://github.com/ancorgs/yast-journal
[...]
I implemented the classes for retrieving and processing the journal
entries as pure ruby classes living in /lib. But I'm not sure if it's a
good decision. Wouldn't it be better to implement them as a module so it
can be accessed from other programming languages?

I prefer native Ruby libraries.

Those other languages are just Perl. We also have Python bindings
which are unmaintained.

I would prefer to not rely on the YCP-based language bridge. Yes,
we still depend on it for several modules, in particular Users, but
in the long run we should seek a more widespread alternative.

--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner