Re: [yast-devel] Yast and Rubocop? ->()
On Tue, Nov 25, 2014 at 01:27:35PM +0100, Josef Reidinger wrote:
On Tue, 25 Nov 2014 13:14:32 +0100
Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Dne 25.11.2014 v 10:51 Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
Is there reason to use new lambda syntax?

Not really, our style guide does not mention this and the upstream
style guide
(https://github.com/bbatsov/ruby-style-guide#lambda-multi-line)
suggests using ->() for single line functions and "lambda" for
multi-line.

My approach here is: if it is not in our style guide, lets use the
upstream one. And if we don't like the upstream default then adapt
our style...

I'm not strict here, if we decide to not use ->() at all I'm fine
with that....

It can be intersting how others see it.

I think we should not reinvent the wheel, so we should follow the
upstream style guide.

Regarding understandability by newbies, I tried

- https://duckduckgo.com/?q=-%3E%28%29
No luck, even on Google. See also
https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/2466433?hl=en&p=g_punctuation

- https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ruby+dash+greater+than
Finds the answer, and also points to

- http://symbolhound.com/?q=-%3E%28%29

--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner