Re: [yast-devel] First prototype of yast-journal
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:25:42 +0100
On 11/25/2014 04:56 PM, Ancor Gonzalez Sosa wrote:
A first prototype of the systemd journal reading module is available at:
https://github.com/ancorgs/yast-journal

I was worried about the low testability of the dialogs. So I tried to
extract some functionality into a module called Helpers. That's the
original Rails approach to keep views as slim as possible. The result is
at a different branch.
https://github.com/ancorgs/yast-journal/tree/helpers

I'm still unhappy with the new code organization. It looks overkill and
not as clear as it should be. But at least there are no more complex
private methods on the dialogs and there is an obvious way to share code
between related dialogs.

What are your suggestions for a better approach to achieve the same?
--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH