Re: [yast-devel] Yast and Rubocop?
On 11/25/2014 08:44 AM, Ladislav Slezak wrote:
Dne 25.11.2014 v 07:55 Jiri Srain napsal(a):
Hi,

do we want it to rename functions? (from your PR:)

- def self.is_registered?
+ def self.registered?

Oh, good point, this change should not go to SLE-12-GA branch, only to the
"master"
as this changes the API... I'll remove that commit, thanks for reporting this!

Thinking of this even further, can it lead to having two functions with the same name (even if only in master)? Does rubocop look at the function names in full context to prevent it?

Jiri

It has a potential to break modules which are not passed through rubocop yet
and use
such functions, or? What am I missing?

Yes, we will need to disable some checks in the SLE-12 branch (and some need to
be
disabled also in the "master", e.g we need to enable the CamelCase method names
which
are used in modules).

--

Ladislav Slez√°k