Re: [yast-devel] YaST module for journalctl
Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 20. November 2014 schrieb Johannes Meixner:
In the initial phase of my YaST Printer redesign I also played
with the idea of "inline buttons" directly in meaningful text as in
https://en.opensuse.org/File:Printer_jsmeix_overview_all.png

I think you can imagine what an UI or UX expert told me...

;-)

Of course with that fat button design it looks horrible but what
I actually had in mind were links in HTML - i.e. "clickable text"
but I guess that idea was much too disruptive at that time ;-)

I think the bigger problem is that you had 5 lines with buttons - that
and having the buttons at different places in each line is what makes
your draft a shock therapy for UX experts ;-)

Especially the first two lines clearly don't need the text around the
buttons - just [Add] [Modify] [Delete] [Print testpage] would be more
than enough.

Nowadays it is the other way round:
In nowadays fancy web pages one can no longer immediately see
what is clickable so that one can play pot hitting - have fun!

Yes, some pages are really funny. Let's hope the trend for 2015 is not
"black text on black background", because black pages look so beautiful
;-))

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
It is a pity that [Tumbleweed] fails to continue quickly after an
openSUSE upgrade [...]