Re: [yast-devel] YaST module for journalctl

Hello,

On Nov 20 14:24 Christian Boltz wrote (excerpt):
Maybe you can even make that sentence the user interface ;-)

Display log entries [ for all sources v] [ since system boot v]

so just include two dropdowns
If you discuss this with an UI or UX expert, I'd be interested in his
opinions ;-)

FWIW:

In the initial phase of my YaST Printer redesign I also played
with the idea of "inline buttons" directly in meaningful text as in
https://en.opensuse.org/File:Printer_jsmeix_overview_all.png

I think you can imagine what an UI or UX expert told me...

Of course with that fat button design it looks horrible but what
I actually had in mind were links in HTML - i.e. "clickable text"
but I guess that idea was much too disruptive at that time ;-)

Nowadays it is the other way round:
In nowadays fancy web pages one can no longer immediately see
what is clickable so that one can play pot hitting - have fun!

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH -- Maxfeldstrasse 5 -- 90409 Nuernberg -- Germany
HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg) GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imendoerffer