Re: [yast-devel] YaST module for journalctl
On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 15:06:16 +0100

On 11/19/2014 10:23 AM, Lukas Ocilka wrote:

- cooperate with UI/UX expert(s), I'll have a chat with Ken soon to
find out how we could find some possibility of cooperation

Yes. I have started with some UI mockups. I though that doing them in
libyui would be almost as fast as simply drawing them. I obviously
overestimated my skills after 10 years without programming any GUI
application. :-)

After some hours, I finally have something that resembles what I have
in mind (enough to get the idea, I hope)

http://paste.opensuse.org/35073071
http://paste.opensuse.org/15368649

Feedback is appreciated.

ncurses screenshot missing time range, which for me looks containing too
much stuff.

In general it looks too crowded and there is too much control on page
and not so much space for messages.
I think it will be better to have here only two buttons:
refresh ( load new log entries )
filter ( specify filter by time and source )
( notice that there is no "OK" button, as I think that X for close is
enough )
and having almost all space for table with log entries, because it is
the most important information.

more like this tools:
http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/i/000001-100000/75001-80000/75001-76000/75730.tif/_jcr_content/renditions/75730.jpg
http://www.kiwisyslog.com/kiwiSysLog/media/images/products/LogViewer/carousel/Log-Viewer-Log-File.jpg?width=800&height=560&ext=.jpg
http://www.netupd8.com/w8img/972p7d.jpg

BTW coloring log entries according to its importance would be nice.

Just my 2c.

Josef