Re: [yast-devel] YaST module for journalctl
On Wed, 19 Nov 2014 10:02:36 +0100

The view_anymsg client is not that useful anymore now that systemd has
replaced the good old plain text logs with journalctl. An easy fix to
avoid the view_anymsg failure would be to make sure that view_anymsg
ensures the installation of any package providing syslog. But that's
just a workaround. I miss a journalctl module for YaST (and I would
use it, journalctl usage is a pain in the **s).

So my plan is to write a new module for journalctl from scratch
documenting the process (looks easy but complete enough to be a
tutorial). Anybody against it? Any advise?

Cheers.

I think it is good idea. Just try to make small steps and let someone
review it often. Maybe it make sense to integrate it with view_anymsg
module as module allows to see also other logs that are not part of
journalctl.

Josef