[yast-devel] YaST module for journalctl
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 10:02:36 +0100
The view_anymsg client is not that useful anymore now that systemd has
replaced the good old plain text logs with journalctl. An easy fix to
avoid the view_anymsg failure would be to make sure that view_anymsg
ensures the installation of any package providing syslog. But that's
just a workaround. I miss a journalctl module for YaST (and I would use
it, journalctl usage is a pain in the **s).

So my plan is to write a new module for journalctl from scratch
documenting the process (looks easy but complete enough to be a
tutorial). Anybody against it? Any advise?

Cheers.

--
Ancor González Sosa
YaST Team at SUSE Linux GmbH