Re: [yast-devel] Storage Redesign: diagrams in wiki
On Wed, Nov 05, 2014 at 01:51:47PM +0100, Martin Vidner wrote:
On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 02:53:06PM +0200, Arvin Schnell wrote:

Hi,

my hackweek project was to evaluate using the boost graph library
(BGL) in libstorage. For me the project was interesting and
successful. I have documented it at
https://github.com/aschnell/libstorage-bgl-eval/wiki. The code is
also available there.

Thanks for the write up!

Some questions about the diagrams in the document:

- why do nodes have numbers which are not unique?

Each device objects has a unique id to identify it across graphs
(the device name is not usable for that, see comment in source
code). This id is displayed in the action graph, but since a
single object may need more actions (e.g. create partition and
set type) the id is not unique in that graph.

- what do [f] [l] [fl] mean?

First and last action for a device object.

- the node colors seem to mean node type; the last graph should be
much more colorful, shouldn't it?

Well, currently the colors are:
- green -> create (or format for filesystems)
- red -> delele
- blue -> modify
- gray -> nop

Sure more colors can be added ;)