[yast-devel] Landing page ready for more eyes?
  • From: Ancor Gonzalez Sosa <ancor@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 12:01:00 +0100
At openSUSE 13.2 release time, this page [1] will be switched to the
definitive url [2] and linked from everywhere, including the openSUSE
project landing page (www.o.o).

Right now, yast.github.io is mentioned there. So it can be considered
the first "public announcement" of the new Ya[Ss][Tt] landing page ;-).

Content-wise we are not still where we want (check the "public
documentation" list at Trello [3]) but, beside the lack of descriptions
in the modules section, I think we are not that bad. From the aesthetic
point of view, looks like the new design will take some more days (at
least), according to SUSE design team.

So the question is, should we remove the link from the features page and
do a bigger announcement when the page is in better shape?

I'm a fan on "release often" and it will never be perfect, so for me it
makes sense to leave the link there. But just wondering if anybody opposes.

Cheers.

[1] https://en.opensuse.org/Features_13.2
[2] https://en.opensuse.org/Features
[3] https://trello.com/b/njo5td7P/classical-yast