Re: [yast-devel] Travis Support: Scripts
  • From: Ladislav Slezak <lslezak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 15:02:16 +0100
From my POV, the "xUbuntu_12.04" is a constant used for ALL Yast module and
maybe
even the whole before_install: section. So, I was thinking about this: what
will
happen when we start using newer version of Ubuntu? Will we need to change all
.travis.yml files at once? Why this is not solved by a simple script, e.g. [#1]:

- prepare_travis yast2-devtools yast2-testsuite \ yast2-perl-bindings yast2
yast2-pam

Yes, I was thinking whether to use some shared script or not and decided that
this could be solved later if needed...

The question is where we should place the script? The "devtools" package looks
like
a good candidate for me.

But keep in mind that we might still need to change the script location later,
we cannot avoid mass changes completely...

So, what do you think of the proposal?

Yes, makes sense, I'll look at it how to improve it after the current pull
requests
are merged. I'd create one PR as an example and the rest could be applied
globally in "master" to avoid PR flooding... (Should be doable by a simple
sed script...)

And I forgot to mention this: You should add a new mail filter for
notifications@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, it will send you an email when your commit
fails. See details here: http://docs.travis-ci.com/user/notifications/

--

Best Regards