[yast-devel] Travis Support: Scripts
  • From: Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 13:50:40 +0100
Hi,

I'm checking the current implementation of Travis support in Yast, which is a great idea indeed.

One little issue I have is what the before_install: contains:

- curl http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/YaST:/Head:/Travis/xUbuntu_12.04/Release.key | sudo apt-key add -
- echo "deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/YaST:/Head:/Travis/xUbuntu_12.04/ ./" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list

From my POV, the "xUbuntu_12.04" is a constant used for ALL Yast module and maybe even the whole before_install: section. So, I was thinking about this: what will happen when we start using newer version of Ubuntu? Will we need to change all .travis.yml files at once? Why this is not solved by a simple script, e.g. [#1]:

- prepare_travis yast2-devtools yast2-testsuite \
yast2-perl-bindings yast2 yast2-pam

Then we would just need to update one place (the script itself) that would start downloading Release.key from somewhere else.

Automation is a great thing, but additional work in the future should be IMO limited.

So, what do you think of the proposal?
Thanks
Lukas

#1 https://github.com/yast/yast-samba-client/pull/34/files

Cloud & Systems Management Department, SUSE Linux