Re: [yast-devel] RFC: New rules for yast-maintainers

Am 29.10.2014 um 17:07 schrieb Lukas Ocilka:
Hi,

As Gabi has pointed-out today, we have a growing list of bugs
reported for Yast, assigned to the default assignee:
yast-maintainers. Some of the bugs cannot be fixed easily now as we
do not have a single person who would take care about "that
particular module", "usability" or "design".

For me, this is a perfect way for fixing bugs in an agile way: -
Project manager decides what needs to be fixed and when - We will
find out who can fix or which expertise we need - And we'll either
assign these bugs to respective people in time or try to find help
outside

But we need to find a way how not to get lost in bugs assigned to
yast-maintainers. And there are several possibilities:

1. NEW bug needs to be checked and either reassigned or at least
marked as reviewed/confirmed 2. CONFIRMED bug should have a
[yast2-*] in Summary, so we know it has been reviewed already / or
we could add new keyword e.g. "reviewed". The current "Yast
Maintainer" must make sure that summary describes the issue well
CONFIRMED state even with [yast2-*] might not be a clear criteria that
bug is reviewed (could be reassigned to yast2-maintainers, some
reporter also add module names...).
I think we should use a keyword (or flag) to clearly mark that bug is
seen and reviewed by current YaST maintainer.
3. IN_PROGRESS should have a real assignee, this would need
cooperation with PjM/PM, so they set real priority 4. We will
definitely not be able to fix all bugs, so there needs to be a way
to drop as CANTFIX/WONTFIX according to given criteria 5. Features
should be closed as FEATURE and the reported advised to use FATE.
6. Yast maintainer should take care only about bugs that haven't
been reviewed, for that a simple search should be possible (e.g.:
doesn't contain `reviewed` flag)
Agreed, we should have the possibility to search for not reviewed bugs
(using a flag or keyword).

Gabi

Please review, and/or come with better ideas. I know this is yet
another rule-set, maybe you'll have a better idea.

Bye Lukas

- --
Gabriele Mohr
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix
Imendörffer, HRB 16746 (AG Nürnberg)
Maxfeldstr. 5 Tel: +49 911 740 53 362
90409 Nürnberg Email: gs@xxxxxxx