Re: [yast-devel] RFC: New rules for yast-maintainers
On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 17:07:16 +0100
Lukas Ocilka <lukas.ocilka@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

As Gabi has pointed-out today, we have a growing list of bugs
reported for Yast, assigned to the default assignee:
yast-maintainers. Some of the bugs cannot be fixed easily now as we
do not have a single person who would take care about "that
particular module", "usability" or "design".

For me, this is a perfect way for fixing bugs in an agile way:
- Project manager decides what needs to be fixed and when
- We will find out who can fix or which expertise we need
- And we'll either assign these bugs to respective people in time or
try to find help outside

But we need to find a way how not to get lost in bugs assigned to
yast-maintainers. And there are several possibilities:

1. NEW bug needs to be checked and either reassigned or at least
marked as reviewed/confirmed
2. CONFIRMED bug should have a [yast2-*] in Summary, so we know it
has been reviewed already / or we could add new keyword e.g.
"reviewed". The current "Yast Maintainer" must make sure that summary
describes the issue well
3. IN_PROGRESS should have a real assignee, this would need
cooperation with PjM/PM, so they set real priority
4. We will definitely not be able to fix all bugs, so there needs to
be a way to drop as CANTFIX/WONTFIX according to given criteria
5. Features should be closed as FEATURE and the reported advised to
use FATE.
6. Yast maintainer should take care only about bugs that haven't been
reviewed, for that a simple search should be possible (e.g.: doesn't
contain `reviewed` flag)

Please review, and/or come with better ideas. I know this is yet
another rule-set, maybe you'll have a better idea.

Bye
Lukas

Hi,
I thinki your suggestion make sense. I just worry if it do not take too
much time for trivial bugs with raised exception that can be usually
fixed in few minutes.

Josef