Re: [yast-devel] [RFC] Versioning: master vs SLE-12-GA branches
On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 04:53:25PM +0200, Lukas Ocilka wrote:
When should we switch from 3.1.$X to 3.1.X.$Y? There are two possibilities:

* immediately, even if we still do the very same changes
in both branches - we would need to change the version when
merging to master

* when they start to differ - we need to keep this in mind all the
time and we might forget because it's hard to think in advance:
does master have already something else that will not be in the
SLE-12-GA branch? Does it already differ?

Same version IFF same code. Therefore only diverge the versions when
the code differs.
--
Martin Vidner, Cloud & Systems Management Team
http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mvidner