Re: [yast-devel] RFC: yast-rake task for release
Dne 29.9.2014 v 15:43 Josef Reidinger napsal(a):
Hi,
maybe some of you still missing old script for tagging git with
released version numbers. Or sometimes forgot to update spec file when
changing changes file ( like me ). So I propose to add new yast-rake
task "release". What it will do:

1) call "osc vc" and stop if user do not specify changes
2) call "rake version:bump" to increase version

I usually add a version number into the changes when releasing so it would be
nice to
add it automatically, so the workflow would be like this:

1) "rake version:bump"
2) add "- #{version}" to *.changes at the top (maybe grep if it is not already
there)
3) run "osc vc" (BTW what is the difference to "buildvc" which I'm using?)

3) create git commit with message "release #{version}"
4) tag this commit with version number like "3.1.125"

There might be a collision when releasing the same version for
SLE and openSUSE.

According to https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:YaST_SVN_to_GIT
we should use these tags:

openSUSE-${VER}
SLE-${SLE_VER}

or if the code is shared:
Code-${SLE_VER}

Is that still valid/sufficient? Or should we use a different schema?

It do not push change. It also require manual "push --tags" as I want
to have the very last break, which allows me to check it again before I
push it.

Yes, I'd also prefer manual push, but optional "--push" switch would be nice.

What do you think about it? I welcome any comments or suggestions
before I implement it.

Thanks for starting the discussion!

--

Ladislav Slez√°k